Sunday, May 8, 2022

GOD and I have a LONG history TOGETHER


 Psalm 116:1-2

King James Version

116 I love the Lord, 

because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, 

therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.


Oh, to be loved by GOD!

How patient, and merciful, He has been toward me!

We have such a long history together.

He waited, till I came around.

He didn't laugh at my many errors.

He didn't mock my foolishness.

Neither did He get mad.

But I did see Him frown.

He kept giving me chances.

A chance to right myself.

I didn't know it then.

But He's got forever.

I don't.

Despite the nine lives they say we have.


I'm glad He made me born again 32 months ago.

I'm glad He gave me His SPIRIT to teach me.

I'm glad He led me to the Bible.

I'm glad I'm more interested in knowing Him.

Rather than looking feline good.

Or being fed the best gourmet cat food.

Scraps off the table don't bother me.

I'm too busy studying His WORD, you see.


He knew I was a scaredy cat once.

Hounded by bad dreams.

Even seemingly prophetic dreams.

Other cats merely slept peacefully.

Curled in funny ways.

But it was different for me.

GOD knew I had a tough heart.

A stout heart.

And a growing waistline to go along with it.

Such is age.

But such is wisdom.

When looks don't matter.

Only GOD matters.


Yes, we have a long history together.

And one day, GOD has a mansion reserved for me.

A warm, cozy bed would do.

Where no dogs would bother me.

My needs are simple.

I just want to be with GOD.


Image: Unsplash


Updated 28 December 2023


PEACE and CONVERSION

  Colossians 3:12 King James Version 12 Put on therefore,  as the elect of God,  holy and beloved,  bowels of mercies,  kindness,  humblenes...