Monday, May 16, 2022

CONTENTMENT


 Philippians 4:11

King James Version

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: 

for I have learned, 

in whatsoever state I am, 

therewith to be content.


It's good to be content.

To appreciate what you have.

Not to aspire for what's not there.

"Don't you have any ambition?" 

Cats my age would say, "Been there, done that."

Nothing smug about it.

It just is.

"Oh."

As if that would do it.

But let me explain.

I am content, because I am simple.

I was born simple.

I shall die simple.

1 Timothy 6:8

King James Version

8 And having food and raiment 

let us be therewith content.


Early on, I was trained to make do.

And that I can't necessarily have all I want.

When you're young, you rebel at the idea.

When you get older, you begin to accept.

When GOD makes you born again, it's PURE joy.

The struggle stops.

Philippians 4:12

King James Version

12 I know both how to be abased, 

and I know how to abound: 

every where and in all things I am instructed 

both to be full and to be hungry, 

both to abound and to suffer need.


When you have CHRIST, you have strength to keep going.

Philippians 4:13

King James Version

13 I can do all things through Christ 

which strengtheneth me.


What can the world offer that I don't already have?

I am grateful for many things.

I have GOD, the Bible, family, a few caring relatives, and friends.

I have the work given me.

I have you reading my blogs.

I am instructed by SPIRIT each day.

I have JESUS to turn to.

He gives me peace, love, joy.

Can the world say that about itself?

Does the world give you peace?

Does the world love you?

Does the world give you lasting happiness?

I found all that in CHRIST.


Related material:

JESUS

BORN AGAIN articles

WORD of GOD


Image source: Whatsapp Images


PEACE and CONVERSION

  Colossians 3:12 King James Version 12 Put on therefore,  as the elect of God,  holy and beloved,  bowels of mercies,  kindness,  humblenes...